пятница, декабря 09, 2005

Winter Finally Arrived!

Yes it took until mid December but I finally get a glimpse of the Russian winter. Yesterday we had flurries all day and I woke up today to about 6 inches of snow, although we already had about 2 on the ground. It was great I put on my boots and my heavy coat and walked outside. Snow was everywhere, especailly on the roads. I don't really know why but Russia does not seem to be all that good at keeping there roads clear of snow. I hardly ever see plows and even less than that dirt to cover the ice. There is a lot of ice on the sidewalks whenever it snows. Plus they don't use salt at all. On the other, they don't really seem to care. I mean traffic is a little slower and the busses a little more crowded, but the city is as active as ever. You definitely don't see the kind of city wide shutdown that you do in the states, at least in Maryland, and certainly is enough snow to merit that.

Anyways, I've been waiting a long while for this and I love it!

Комментариев нет: