четверг, февраля 16, 2006

Something ...

It’s been pretty warm around here lately, like -10s or something. I’ve been enjoying it. It’s pretty weird that I will walk out into below freezing weather, but still feel thankful for the warm weather. Things have certainly been going over here. This weekend I’ll be in Suzdal again. I like that little town. However were staying at a new hotel, the last one had a bowling ally, billiards room, sauna, pool, and like 5 bars. I can’t say if this new place will live up to my expectations, probably not though. Still it should be fun. Of course after this weekend I have 3 straight weeks and no trips (I know! No traveling for free for 3 weeks, you guys must feel so bad for me). I learned today that Vladimir has no decent video store. My friend and I were looking for various DVD’s to buy and found none, oh well that’s what Moscow is for I guess.

The one thing I have been doing is watching the Olympics. Were only 2 hours ahead here, which is pretty nice. Actually I’m really looking forward to the Men’s hockey which starts today! We don’t get many mainstream sports on TV here, so it will be a treat to watch. By the way, if any of you bothered to watch the women’s hockey you might also know that Russians women’s team is pretty bad, they lost 7 goals to Canada in just the first period of the one game I saw. Surprising, it really just adds to my suspicions that hockey is not has big here as everyone (or at least me) thinks. Actually I’m pretty curious how is the Olympic coverage in the US? Here, unless you watch the sports channel, you only see little updates on the News. I get the feeling it’s not as popular here, but I could be wrong, my observation area is pretty small. Don’t worry through I’m still rooting for the USA.

Комментариев нет: