понедельник, марта 13, 2006

Off to Peter

Let's see, tonight I'll be on an overnight train to St. Petes. My teachers have graciously opted not to assign any homework, so I've got a very nice vacation ahead of me. I'll be in Petersburg till Sunday, so I most likely won't be posting. (There is an of chance that the big beautiful Petersburg internet cafes will be to nice to past up, but we'll see)

Winter is finally starting to thaw out. Right now I believe it is above freezing, somewhere around -1 to +1 C. It's great, I don't think I've ever enjoyed 0 degrees weather so much. I don't need my heavy coat, I'm wearing light gloves and everything. But I can already see that the next few weeks will not be all that fun. There is a lot of snow around here, and when it gets warm snow tends to melt. This means there will be a lot of water and slush real soon. Well, actually there already is a lot of slush. Plus you have to be careful where you walk. Stay away from buildings, because the snow falls off of roofs pretty frequently.

One more thing, in case you follow the show, "American Idol" has finally hit Russia. I've seen plenty of clones here before but now the actual copyrighted show has premiered, same music and everything.

Sometimes watching TV here is like going back in time, I see shows that I used to watch 5 years ago, but have already died in the US. Strange.

Комментариев нет: