суббота, апреля 01, 2006

Assisi

So we got to Rome yesterday, but classes don't start again until Monday so I can relax a bit. Assisi was great. I really enjoyed spending a few days in my favorite Italian city. I went with a couple friends during our "Spring Break" (It's really just an extra day and a half off but, good none the less). We spent the whole time just walking around the city, it's very beautiful. Of course I was decked out in my patented yellow, which everyone around here seems to know me for wearing. What can I say, it is my favorite color. I think that after a few months my language skills are definitely improving, but I guess that's easy to say I am here to learn Italian right? I think my favorite part of the 2 days we spent there (Thursday and Friday) was the night life. If you've never been to Assisi, you should go. Every Friday night they flood the all the streets and basically the whole city becomes a huge water slide, it was pretty fun. (In the winter it's a huge skate rink. The bars were fun to, they actually soak you in beer the moment you walk in the door, then you have 5 minutes to dry off or they throw you out, always a blast. Of course the zombies are always a problem, but you get a free 12 gauge when you stay at our hotel, so everyone was fine. The Cathedral there is also extremely beautiful, I went to hourly Mass the whole I was there, it was great.

Well, that's it for now have fun and Happy April 1st!

3 комментария:

Alan O'Connor комментирует...

Dang it...
I should tell amenzabar to come look at this, she's prolly the only one more gullible.

Julie D. комментирует...

Happy April Fool's Day to you too! :-D

Sebastian комментирует...

Happy April Fool's Day Everyone