понедельник, октября 03, 2005

Happenings in America

As I believe I have said in previous posts, I stay on the up and up with the news back home. I thought that I would post on a few things that I have found interesting or what not, although most of this is probably old news to all of you.

First off, what’s with all the Hurricanes? I’ve been reading all I can about them, and I check the death toll, maybe too often. It’s just so inconceivable; I can’t believe that so many have lost there lives from this.

Next would be John Robert’s appointment to Chief Justice, that’s awesome. Actually, I was unaware that there are now 4 Catholics on the Supreme court, how weird is that? And now we have a new nomination to go through, must be interesting.

Hmm, actually, that seems to be all I can think of, oh well, moving on to sports …

I see that the Washington Nationals will not be going to the play-offs. That makes me happy, it makes me very happy, and in fact, I think I will do a little happy dance write now. That was fun. I really, really dislike the Nationals (should’ve been called the Senators anyway). Why? Because they move into town and all the sudden, it’s the “Nats” and “Oh we love our baseball team, hooray, Washington finally has a baseball team.” Um hello, Orioles? Ya and thanks to the Nationals, the Orioles games are no longer on network channels (like FOX) and no one seemed to notice, or care, when the O’s (a nickname they actually earned) were on top for like 2 months. Ya well, now the Nationals are just as bad as the O’s and collapsed at the end, just like the O’s, so there.

The Redskins beat Dallas, in Dallas, in 3 minutes. Do you understand how much I wish I could have watched that game? I and so jealous of everyone that did, I had to read about it. Oh man, that is so awesome; this makes the whole season for me. Oh and the win was so sweet, ahh why did I have to miss it! If anyone taped those last 3 minutes, please save it for me! I also see we beat Seattle, that's three in a row. Plus Nick Novak is now a Redskin (former Terp people!) that's awesome. I miss football.

Hockey season is also about to start, or maybe it has depending on when I post this. I was deprived of my hockey last year and now I am in Russia. That’s two years without the Washington Capitals.

Hmm, most of this has been about a sport, that’s a little weird, guess I know where my priorities are. I honestly don’t think about sports that much.

2 комментария:

Julie D. комментирует...

I'm going to ignore your reaction to the Boys throwing the game in the final minutes (now that I can get coherent sentences out again). Aaaargh!

Sebastian комментирует...

Ahh, music to my ears. ;)