понедельник, октября 03, 2005

Television

I swear, half of Russian television is just dubbed American shows and movies. Actually, some of the Russian shows look as if they rerecorded the soundtrack and dub it over the show, you can tell it’s a little of sync. It’s just so weird how much American culture has made it to Russia, especially the music. You can’t listen to the radio for 5 minutes without hearing an American song. They like a lot of 80’s music in Russia. In the grocery stores, I can find most American brands and products. Book stores have a ton of translated American, or English (Harry Potter), books. I’m not complaining, I really just find it humorous. Actually, if you want to know something interesting, German is a pretty popular language around here. Many Russians seem to be learning it and it’s definitely a common subject at the various universities and institutes. For instance, my tutor is a German language major. I can’t say it’s as popular as English, so many people in Moscow speak English, but its popularity has surprised me.

Комментариев нет: