среда, октября 26, 2005

More on Peter, but first ...

I have more on my trip to Petersburg coming, but I wanted to take a quite break to mention a few things that had happened today.

First, I want to thank everyone who has sent me a package thus far. When I got back from Petersburg I had 3 packages waiting for me at school, than I got another the next day. This was awesome. I've never had som much mail before (even at home). Everyone was quite jealous too, mail is a big event around here. Aside from the packages themselves I now have several bags of swedish fish and have already eaten many of them. Its great, I think I might even have enough to last till December (although this is not confirmed since I have been known to consume a few thousand in just two weeks). I also got my personal favorites in Halloween candy (mmm candy corn). I'm not going to go to far into this, I'll just say it was a very nice surprise.

Snow is the next topic. Yesterday and again today it snowed for the first time since I've been here. Today the snow is even starting to stick to the ground a little bit. I can't say that it is all that cold though, no more than Maryland in November or December. Although I can only assume what snow in October will mean for the weather down the road.

Lastly,this morning I had a very stressful spider attack. I really hate spiders. Today as I was about to get into the shower, the spider living in the bathroom corner decided it would be a good idea to walk all around the ceiling. Oh, that was fun. This was right after I had seen another spider in my room on the way to the bathroom. So I was already freaked and now I had to keep checking where the spider was before I closed my eyes. I mean I don't want to open my eyes to a spider in the face. To think that I let that stupid spider live and this is how it thanks me. As far as me and spiders go, I don't seek them out and I don't kill them as long as I can't see them. But if I find one in my room or one seems a little to "active" its dead. Sorry but I'm not taking the chance that one could crawl on me when I'm not looking. Anyways, I couldn't fid the spider that was in my room before I left, that will be a comforting thought before I go to bed tonight.

Well, thats it for now, I should have another Peter post tomorrow or the next day. Keep reading!

Комментариев нет: