понедельник, октября 03, 2005

Packages

I know, a lot of posts today, I had a long weekend to write.

I got my first package yesterday, Sat. Oct. 1st. It was from my Mommy. She sent me some a few things I asked for, but it was great just to get a package. I think the funniest part was the nicely squished top, despite the fragile stamps all over the box. (Hmm, “fra’ji’la” must be French for package) I have a sinking suspicion that it happen somewhere in the Vladimir postal service, they don’t seem to be the most caring people in the world. Nevertheless, everything was fine and the occasion was joyous none the less. It only took about 2 weeks to get here too, that’s not bad. I mention this on the off chance that some of you out there my want to send me a package in the near future and I thought I would list a few things people could send me if they felt so inclined.

Well number one would have to be a bag of Swedish fish, I love those things and you can’t get them here, so I do miss them. I think number 2 would be another bag of Swedish fish, maybe not as big a bag as number one, but still a small bag of Swedish fish would be nice. For number 3 I’m going with a bag a Swedish fish, I love those things and you can’t get them here. Number 4, well I guess I bag a Swedish fish would be nice. Lastly, number 5 would have to a big bag of Swedish fish (only the original Swedish fish will do), I love those things, and you can’t get them here, in Russia.

All joking aside, I had been told that some people were asking what they could send me, now you know (but you’ll have to email me if you want my address) ((is anyone else constantly amazed as to how email is not only like a 10 year old word, but its already a common verb?))

Anyways, mail is kinda funny around here. The people at the post office seem to take offense when you ask them to do their job, like selling stamps or mailing letters. The mail systems is also painfully slow here, it took like a week and a few days for a letter my friend mailed to himself to reach his house, which is like half a mile from the post office. I’m to worried about it, as I hardly ever use the place, but I do feel that it I ever needed to overnight something, anywhere, they would just laugh at me.

Комментариев нет: