понедельник, октября 10, 2005

To be sick or not to be sick

A little advice if you ever go to Russia, don’t get sick, or at least don’t tell any Russian’s about it. Seriously, Russian’s can be pretty crazy when it comes to illness and being sick. They really go for the “home remedies” but they have some the weirdest ways to go about it. For instance, did you know that you should never take a shower while you are sick? Of course, not it will only make things worse! Also, if you have a cold, you can’t drink anything that is cold, silly that will only make you colder (although ice cream is ok for some reason). One of my friends also enjoyed some iodine on the feet to help cure a cold. To top it off, when another friend went to a doctor for the flu, he was giving some nice water mixed with coal to drink (I think he refused that one). These are only the ones that come to mind. My point is that I’m doing everything I can to stay healthy here. (The shower thing is annoying, but the coal thing really weird). What really gets me is how most of these remedies are based off such far off logic (more so than most home remedies), i.e. a shower could make you hot (give you a fever) and than being wet afterwards will worsen your cold. It’s just strange.

1 комментарий:

Анонимный комментирует...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Best wishes
Darek Wish