пятница, сентября 16, 2005

Lacour Muesuem

Today, Friday, our little American group went to a lacour and crystal museum. The museum itself is actually right in the middle of Vladimir next to the Golden Gates. It looks like a Church and for the longest time I had wondered what was inside. Well now I know. Its full of lacour painted art and many cyrstal glasses. When I say lacour I am mainly refering to the way most icons are painted. I'm sure you've seen Russian icon art and all those little jewlrey boxes with the smooth polished look to them. Maybe that's a bad way to describe them, but thery pretty cool none the less. So we saw many little boxes with very detailed and very beautiful pictures on them. Then we saw some of the most amazing glass art I have ever seen. It cost money to take pictures in museums here, so I can't show you, at least not know, but I was blown away. The way these artists are able to bend and warp the crystal and glass is pretty cool. They had this huge sculpture of colorful glass flowers. Anyways it was neat.

After the museum we headed back to school for lunch and a little lacour painting of our own. We got to paint some brouches. The artist showed us how to first rub this dust on the brouch (it was just a round pin), which was made of paper mache. Then you put on a base coat of white and from there paint your wildest dreams. Now, I really can't paint worth anything, but some of the people in our group are pretty good artists.

Anyways that was my day. It was something to do on a Friday afternoon. Tonight I will be going to a Russian rock concert. I'll have to let you guys know how that goes.

1 комментарий:

Анонимный комментирует...

They sound beautiful, enjoy the Rock Concert tonight but be carefull. Love MOM