среда, сентября 07, 2005

Some more Updates

So its been about a week and a half and things are ... well, ok. I've definitely settled into my homestay. Its not so uncomfortable anymore, and I do think that it is helping to improve my Russian. Classes are I guess boring. The group I am in is going pretty slow, but its only been 7 days of class so far, so we'll see. I have gotten to know my fellow American students, and were getting to be good friends.

Last night I went to the movies with my new tutor. I'm not quite sure how I feel about having a tutor yet. I mean right now its just so awkward. We kinda talk, but I don't really understand most of the time and it takes awhile for me to ask questions and stuff, so its a bit uncomfortable. I suppose that, like my homestay, this will fade with time, but I need to be honest, I am very tried of being uncomfortable, I was slowly getting used to and comfortable with my free time and now the tutor has thrown me back into the land of awkwardness. Oh well, like I said I suppose it will get better. Anyways my tutors name is Ivan and he does seem nice.

The movie we saw was Duece Bigalo 2, and it was dubbed into Russian. I actually understood most of it, which really isn't that surprising in that most of the jokes were visual. As for the movie itself, it was pretty funny, but it was also pretty dirty some of the time, so I can't say its one of my favorite movies.

Other than that, I did manage to buy a cheap cell phone, but now I have to go buy a cim card for it. I'm a little worried about this, cause I definitely stressed out the sales girl with my inadequate Russian when I was trying to buy the phone. I thought it was pretty funny, but I don't think that she did. Oh well, I consider it an accomplishment.

That's really it for, see you in a day or two.

1 комментарий:

Анонимный комментирует...

Dear Joey --

You are so courageous for taking on an adventure with so many unknown quantities -- knowing there'd be a predictable discomfort level but not letting it stop you! I love reading everything you've written (from the COMFORT of my predictable existence) and applaud your spunk! Keep posting...and I'll keep reading...peace and love, Maurie