среда, сентября 14, 2005

Musings on America

I've been checking the news every so often and I must say its really weird to be so far away from it. Like the death of the Chief Justice, Hurricane Katrina, plus a ton of little stuff. Its like I read it and say wow that's interesting, or amazing, or horrible, and then I leave and pretty much forget about it. At the same time I know that if I was home I all this stuff would be of much more interest to me. Especially the Supreme Court such (being pro-life and all). Basically it like how I used to think when I read some international news, it would be like wow interesting and then I'd go about with my day. I also didn't even realize it was 9/11 a few days ago until I watched the Russian news do a quick segment about the anniversary. It was weird, that's all I can say.

I guess its kind of shown me how very locally minded people are. I mean yes many people like to follow international news, its more like a hobby to them. Where as to those experiencing it, its very really and very important. I can only say that gaining in international perspective of the world is very hard and you don't really know if you have one until go leave your own country and live out in the international world.

(P.S. For anyone's information, I am disappointed in the Orioles poor season ending, I am happy the Redskins won, and worried about my Terps, losing the Clemson again!)

1 комментарий:

Анонимный комментирует...

Joey - I am a friend of your mothers. Just wanted to say, what an incredible and amazing experience for you so far. Keep writing. Your journal has been very, very interesting to read. I can tell you that your mom misses you dearly and is just so so proud of you. Good Luck!