понедельник, ноября 21, 2005

November Birthdays

I’m sure I don’t have to say this, everyone must know and agree, but I will mention it anyways, November birthdays are the best birthdays in existence. I know what you are going to say, “Hey wait a minute, you have a November birthday, you’re just being biased!” Although that is true I assure you that this fact is an absolute truth, but I lost all my proof so you will just have to believe me. Besides ask anyone with a November birthday, I’m sure they will agree. There is just something about November; it really is a great month.

So why bring this up? Well besides it being just a good topic, today, the 20th, is the birthday of a good friend of mine here. He also happens to be on the same scholarship I am, which makes him doubly awesome. Anyways, this weekend we all celebrated. It was pretty fun too. In the morning we opted for a little ice skating. The best part was there was hardly anyone at the rink; it’s always more fun to skate when you have room to do it. Once it gets cold enough here they are supposed to flood a couple natural rinks around the city. That means ice hockey! (Can’t wait for that) Of course, Saturday night we went to one of the bars we tend to frequent, The Red Stallion. Well actually, it’s more of a café/bar type place and not too big, but bigger than most cafes around here. Even though it was his birthday, Tim bought all the guys a shot of absinth and the girls a glass of wine; of course, we all pitched in and got him a new cell phone to replace the one he lost. It was fun and a late night too. After the Red Stallion closed at midnight, we decided on a cup of coffee at one of the few late night cafes in Vladimir.

Комментариев нет: