понедельник, ноября 28, 2005

Stuff and 3 more weeks

Hey Everyone! I apologize for not posting in a couple days, at least not on Thursday, but sleeping in was just too tempting. I had a rough week and I enjoyed the break. A lot has happened last week like Suzdal, Thanksgiving, and now it’s finally Advent season!

So, let’s see, I guess I will start with Thanksgiving. We were able to pull some strings and get off from school that day. It was great, I like three day weeks. Not only were we off from school, but we also put together a Thanksgiving Day dinner! Somehow, our resident director got a hold of a turkey. Not only that but we have some very good cooks in our little group. I’ll give you a quick run down of our feast; turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, green beans, garlic bread, jello, chocolate chip cookies, 2 pumpkin pies, 2 cakes, apple fritters, and some wine (red and white). It was a feast! Pretty much everyone misses American food (or at least that food that is not fried). The turkey was especially delicious, so were the scallop potatoes, oh and the jello, actually everything was delicious! After we managed to stuff ourselves (by the way, you know that feeling you get after eating a thanksgiving meal, that is almost every dinner for me, although this time it was actually desired), we busted out the laptop and some good old American television. We watched a few various shows and then settled in for a movie (Dodgeball). Man, those pumpkin pies were good. Anyways, it was a great Thanksgiving, much more so than I had expected, and to be honest when I heard we were making pumpkin pie I expected a lot.

After I left, I got home in time for a call from home to top off the evening. So after sleeping in, eating turkey, and talking to home I went to bed very happy.

Комментариев нет: