понедельник, ноября 21, 2005

An odd end to an odd occurrence

Well, my window has been repaired; actually, it was repair before I got home the day it happened. This was pretty fast, and it surprised me because Russia and fast are usually not associated in my mind. Yup, all repaired and the incident pretty much forgotten. My host mother told me she filed a report with the militsya (police) and that’s that. She said it was most likely just some young kid. Not much more to say on that subject, so I’ll move on.

As today is Friday, I have officially been in Russia for 13 weeks. Amazing. This Sunday is of course is Our Lord Jesus Christ the King and with it the closing of Ordinary Time. Cause come the 27th it’s Advent baby! I like Advent, always a blast right? Hmm, so four more weeks. I guess I won’t get reflective just yet. I’ll save that for when I’m home and finally connected to my internet 24/7 again. Actually, I should confess that aside from wanting to see my family and friends again I really just can’t wait to play some Xbox live. Oh so many new games I haven’t touched yet, and the new Xbox 360 and, well you get the idea.

So let’s see, next weekend we have Thanksgiving. For this, we get the day off and we are planning a big feast, our resident director has even found a turkey (apparently, turkeys are really small when they don’t get fat and steroids all day, I hope the tiny one we found will be enough). But everyone is trying to bring something; it should be fun. The very next day (that’s the 25th) we are gone for 2 days to Suzdal. This town is actually really small, but like every other Russian town has some sort of historical significance. Then when we get back we may or may not be going to a party at a Russian’s friends house that we meet (we were promised blini and Russian pastries). Sounds like a fun weekend to kick off the Advent season. Of course, I can’t wait to see oh my Church does Advent. I’ve liked everything else so far, so it should be good.

Комментариев нет: