вторник, августа 16, 2005

If Only ...

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge Baltimore Orioles fan. I have watched them play Baseball for over 10 years. Since the days of the Ripkin Brothers and Brady Anderson right up till today, since the days of that little #$%#@% of a Yankees fan who stole the Orioles' World Series bid (Any O's fan know what I'm talking about), up to the travesty that is the Nationals today.

I've been disappointed season after season by my O's and yet I've never turned my back on them. I always looked to a new season with the hopes of a new playoff race. This year I thought I had finally gotten my wish. Amazingly the Orioles climbed 1st in their division and actually stayed there for over a month. I was so happy, why the only way they could possible miss the playoffs is if they went on some 10 game losing streak like they usually do around mid-season. I mean they couldn't possible do that ... its just ... simply ... impossi . . . oh wait that DID happen. Disappointment over something when you have no way to affect the outcome is one of the worst feelings ever!

I am watching an Orioles game right now and it is so annoying to be able to predict exactly how they will screw up various opportunities. Furthermore, I can not believe the Orioles have squandered such a promising season. Why must they always destroy my happiness!

Yet here I am STILL watching them play, STILL being disappointed with them losing games they ought to win, and STILL hoping for the playoffs. I can't help it, I'll always be their loyal fan. I know vindication will come, no team can suck forever. I just wish they'd hurry up.

Комментариев нет: