среда, августа 10, 2005

This can't be right

Flipping through the channels today I stumbled across a celebrity show on Vh1 (a celeb show on Vh1, no, really? Go on) Ya well it just happened to be the celebrity spirituality. It was rather interesting to see how so many celebrities have turned being religious into fashion (Actually it was very disturbing). I don't mean to insult the celebs that do take their religious life seriously (even though many of them still use it for the publicity), but honestly Madonna needs to stop, so does Tom Cruise. I really feel bad for Katie Holmes; it really seems like Tom has sucked her into his scientology cult (oh ya its a cult). I hate to see good Catholics warped by Hollywood (oh well, I'll keep praying for her).

Anyways, the point of this post is that the show did a segment on a shop in L.A. that sells Christian icons, like belt buckles or jewelry with pictures of Christ or Mary or a cross on them. The problem? The show stated that these icons have been blessed by a Catholic Priest! Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was my understanding that you're not supposed to sell blessed items. And besides that, the fact that rich celebrities would buy these blessed icons because they think it will act like some stupid magic pendant and bring them luck and health or something is horrible! That is not why you have something blessed. They are not lucky charms!

Комментариев нет: