пятница, июля 22, 2005

Continued Musings on Psalm 139

I want to post the rest of my favorite Psalm for you guys, and point out some of the reasons I like it some much.

4Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
(I just think that is cool, and rather interesting to think about, the omniscient of God)

5You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
(Good to God is always by my side)

If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
10Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
(Also good to know that there is know I can go that God won't be with me)

13For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother's womb.
(Got to love the pro-life lines)

Wonderful are Your works,
(Wonderful Works is a kind of inside joke for me, it involves Batman and some homemade movies)

15My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
(Again, God knows you, more than we can possible imagine)

23Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
24And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way.
(This is a pretty awesome prayer in it of itself, definitely one of my favorite lines in this psalm)

So there are some pretty good reasons to love this particular psalm, if not the whole book in general, hmm there seems to be a lot of favorites, oh well its all good! Man the ideas keep coming, but I think I'll only bore you with one more post on this subject

Комментариев нет: