четверг, июля 07, 2005

Cyrillic

Like I said in the previous post, I've put the date and time in Cyrillic. I think it looks great, but since I realize that most of you cannot read Cyrillic I will give you a crash course in pronunciation. Lets start with the month July. In Russia, July sounds about the same. The letters are the backwards N, pronounced like a hard "e" or a Latin "i", then this, -O, that's pronounced like "yu", next is the upside down "V", which is a "L", lastly the little "b" is a soft sign indicating a soft "L". So put it all together and you get Eyul, the stress is on the "u" not the "e".

Great, ok now see if you can do the day, Wednesday by yourself. The Russian "c" is like and "s" and that square "o" is a "D" and "p" is pronounced like an "R". So cpeda becomes sryeda (the "e" is like a "ye" sound).

Now, Thursday, the upside down "h" is a "ch", the "B" is pronounced like a "v", the "r" is a "g", and T's are still T's. Put it all together and you get "Chyetvyerg". I'll add more letters as we get to them. Isn't learning fun!

See, you'll be speaking in no time! (Or at least you'll learn the days of the week)

Комментариев нет: