среда, июля 20, 2005

Time Flies

Today I was thinking about how I have just about a month left in the good ol' USA. Its pretty shocking to think where I will be in a month (and how long I will be there). I thinks its hard to explain what this is like, feeling intense excitement and intense nervousness at the same time. At times I can't wait to go and times when I wonder what the heck I'm doing going to a foreign country, especially one a bit xenophobic, and staying with people who I don't know and don't speak english. Oh ya I'm a Russian major, but its not like I'm at the top of my class. Seriously, everyone I meet asks me to say something in Russian, two years is not enough to feel very confident in the language. Oh sure I can speak it when I'm given enough time and I don't feel pressured, but 2 years people.

Well, now that I'm done venting, I really am excited about going. The food, the churches, the weather, the people it all screams adventure (I love Russian food). I might even get a chance to take the trans siberian railway, which is awesome. A ten day trip both ways, and I get to travel through North Korea, how many people can say that?

The one thing that really worries me is how to pack. I mean what do you pack to go to Russia for a year. I don't even know if I should bring my laptop, Americans have a stereotype of being very rich and although everyone has a computer in America, its not the same in Russia. Still, clothes, electronics, music, etc. it takes a lot of thought to get it right. I don't really have the option of coming home. But I think the real problem is my tendency to procrastinate, I should probably fix that ... maybe tomorrow.

Комментариев нет: